A/P & Procurement Specialist
We are looking for an A/P & Procurement Specialist to play a key role in our back-office finance operations. The A/P & Procurement Specialist will be responsible for Accounts Payable, Employee Reimbursements, Payment Clearing, account reconciliations, internal audits in key control areas, annual 1099 reporting and required statutory filings. He/she will help to shape and operationalize procurement process and infrastructure.
- Complete processing of A/P, including entering, reviewing, and coding invoices, auditing financial records to ensure compliance with accounting policies as well as maintaining the AP files.
- Primary contact in addressing questions/concerns relating to vendor inquiries, as well as corporate liaison between Accounts Payable and other departments.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve purchase order, contract, invoice and payment discrepancies
- Vendor maintenance relating to business registrations and classifications, ACH input and verbal confirmation as well as populating vendor contact information.
- Assist with month-end close including month-end accruals and 1550_clearing account activities reclass
- Prepare bi-weekly payment run, in the form of checks, ACH, and/or wires
- Act as a liaison between Finance and Lab Operation to track purchase orders and invoices
- Monthly bank account reconciliation.
- Concur expense report management system administration.
- Corporate credit cards statement reconciliation.
- Shapes procurement processes and procedures and helps facilitate employee awareness and adherence to best practices
- Reviews and helps optimize suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability and other relevant factors
- Support migration to and operationalization of new ERP system
Required Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience in accounts receivable and collections
- Solid understanding of accounts receivable and basic understanding of accounting policy
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with ERP systems
- Strong MS Excel skills. Proficiency in Power Point + Word
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in Accounting or Business Administration