Bioinformatician - NGS
The primary focus of this position is the development and deployment of bioinformatics tools to curate protein sequence databases, evaluate mutational and evolutionary patterns, conduct feasibility analyses, and contextualize the design challenge within the scientific literature. The position will interface closely with experimental and computational deep learning design teams in order to provide close coupling between the computational and experimental feedback loop. The successful candidate will play an important role in deepening NGS bioinformatics efforts at Evozyne, train other team members, and contribute to the overall development of our capabilities.
- Perform end-to-end data analyses, from hypotheses formulation, experimental design, writing analysis plans, data cleaning, executing analysis, and preparing reports and documentation.
- Performs integrative gene expression analyses using NGS data sets in close collaboration with multi-disciplinary team
- Develops and maintains bioinformatics pipelines (including quality control, data processing, analysis, and visualization) for various high-dimensional -omics platforms
- Actively engages in developing data analytical strategies across generated datasets
- Provides cross-functional support for statistical and analytical needs across projects
- Maintains current knowledge of advances in pertinent fields
- Create visualizations, interpret high dimensional data and explain results to teams
- Contribute to method validation plan and drafting testing protocol and standard operating procedure (SOP).
- Report on project progress and present data effectively at team and management meetings
Required Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Ph.D. in Cell and/or Molecular Biology, Biophysics, Biochemistry, or a related discipline preferred with 3+ years of hands-on experience in NGS at a clinical lab, pharmaceutical company, and/or academic institution. A master’s degree with more than 5 years of directly relevant experience will also be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in NGS method development including library construction, sequencing, BI interpretation, and reporting.
- A deep understanding of molecular biology and biochemical techniques relevant to assay development.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills demonstrated through examples of projects supported.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a particular emphasis on clear documentation of experiments and studies are essential, as is a willingness to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Resume or CV