Evozyne is a generative-AI biology company working to enable a healthier world. We have united a team of top scientific and business leaders around a common mission: to create novel biological molecules that improve human and planetary health. We are defining the innovative edge of revolutionary science and artificial intelligence to find answers to critical global challenges in therapeutics and sustainability. The central technology is based on deep knowledge of the principles underlying the evolutionary design of proteins. Evozyne is strongly positioned to make meaningful, positive impact locally and globally for years to come. Learn more about who we are at www.evozyne.com.
The Director of Finance will report to the CFO and play a key role in Evozyne’s finance organization. S/he will be responsible for FP&A operations and will play a key role in enabling data-driven strategic finance decisions. The Director of Finance will work closely with the leadership team to design and implement plans and processes to enable growth and support Evozyne’s broader business goals.
- Oversee all aspects of the Company’s forecast and analysis activities including planning and budgeting, cash flow management, month end variance analysis and management reporting.
- Serve as finance liaison to all functional areas, partnering to develop and implement metrics to drive sound decisions (budget to actual analyses, dashboards, OKRs, etc).
- Support business planning by developing and overseeing management of financial models, diligence materials and reports on key operating metrics.
- Provide analytical and planning support to enable development and achievement of performance targets.
- Support benchmarking and opportunity assessment.
- Monitor and constantly review financial performance against developed plans.
- Develop and manage the capital request and budgeting process, as well as the short-term forecast process and ongoing results analysis.
- Provide data and recommendations on how to effectively manage working capital and control the cash flow position.
- Ensure the accurate and timely issuance of the company's financial information to partners and investors.
- CPA preferred
- MBA or MA in Finance preferred
- 8-10 years of hands-on finance experience managing and optimizing high quality FP&A functions
- Experience in biotech, pharma, or a related industry
- Hands-on operator capable of independently managing day to day responsibilities and seeking out ways to add strategic value
- Energized by the fast-pace of change and potential of a start-up company
- Strong business fundamentals: NPV analysis, capex/opex estimations, ROI analysis, revenue forecasting
- Understands internal controls, tax, compliance, and financial regulations & standards
- Ideally, fundraising experience
- Ability to conceptualize and support novel commercial structures (e.g., partnerships, JVs, licensing deals)
- Comfortable providing data-driven strategic recommendations to senior leaders
- Collaborative team member, adept in building and managing relationships with key stakeholders across the organization
- Strong problem-solving skills and a bias for action- track record of success driving process optimization