Manager, Tissue Culture
- The primary focus of this position will be building, managing, and optimizing Evozyne’s Tissue Culture capabilities. Specifically, the Manager will oversee a small team responsible for expressing and characterizing candidate proteins as part of our design-build-test cycle. We are seeking a highly motivated scientist with extensive tissue culture experience to be responsible for the maintenance of cell culture resources and to provide support to project teams using these resources. You will play a key role in developing new expression platforms, high throughput protocols for protein expression, characterization, and performance assays.
- Partner with scientific teams to understand project needs and priorities
- Oversee allocation of time and resources to achieve experimental objectives
- Manage a team of two tissue culture Research Associates
- Oversee development of mammalian cell culture resources and facilities.
- Develop and optimize standard mammalian cell culture procedures for high throughput applications (e.g. transfection).
- Develop and maintain detailed, standardized protocols and documentation for all tissue culture activities
- Participate in the development high-throughput assays, in various formats, for measuring properties of proteins.
- Work with experimental and technical teams to develop new cell culture strategies
- Support development of Tissue Culture budget and procurement of resources
- Communicate results within the company and to external partners.
- Experience with handling, organizing and planning the culture and maintenance of multiple mammalian cell lines
- Mammalian cell culture procedures with an emphasis on heterologous gene transfection and protein production
- Knowledgeable of aseptic technique and quality control practices
- Excellent record keeping abilities such as cell line, consumable, and reagent inventorying
- General molecular biology, including cloning and protein expression analysis
- Biochemical assay development, standardization, and data analysis
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work and solve problems in interdisciplinary teams
- Self-motivated and curious with a strong desire for continuous learning
- Effective team player and strong individual contributor
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Self-motivated, passionate, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Required Education, Experience and Certifications:
- A Master’s degree in a related field (biochemistry, biophysics, molecular biology, bioengineering, etc) with 4+ years of tissue culture experience, ideally in a commercial lab
- Experience in mammalian cell culture
- Experience in culturing of cardiomyocytes preferred.
- Experience in processing PBMC samples preferred.
- Experience using statistical tools, such as JMP, R or python to analyze complex data sets preferred
- Experience operating liquid handling robots and other laboratory automation tools preferred
Working Condition and Physical Requirements (if applicable):
- The applicant must be able to work in an ADA-compliant laboratory without assistance.
- Resume or CV