SVP, Drug Discovery
Evozyne is a high-growth, energetic, and innovative company creating novel proteins that have the potential to improve the world. We occupy a 30,000 square-foot office and lab space in Chicago’s Lincoln Park neighborhood, we are embracing revolutionary science and artificial intelligence to find answers to critical global challenges in therapeutics and sustainability. The central technology is based on deep knowledge of the principles underlying the evolutionary design of proteins. Evozyne is strongly positioned to make meaningful, positive impact locally and globally for years to come. Learn more about who we are, visit www.evozyne.com.
Reporting to the CEO, the SVP of Drug Discovery will play a lead role shaping Evozyne’s product pipeline strategy and overseeing pre-clinical strategy and execution. The SVP of Drug Discovery will build out his/her team to support continued pipeline growth.
Priorities for the first 24 months
- Provide industry and medical expertise to shape Evozyne’s product portfolio and pipeline
- Lead comprehensive evaluation of commercial, technical, operational, and regulatory risks and rewards for pre-clinical development opportunities
- Establish stage-gated short- and long-term goals and milestones for pre-clinical development
- Architect roadmap and budget to enable execution of pre-clinical programs from development candidate nomination to proof-of-concept and beyond
- Provide ongoing medical and market inputs to advance program goals within established timelines and according to predetermined budget
- Continually identify, evaluate, and prioritize new product development opportunities
- Define consistent standards for medical and scientific activities
- Own and develop solutions for challenges across all phases of development
- Collaborate with research, data science, and technical operations functions to support successful execution against program milestones
- Liaise with research and development team provide input on the discovery and translational research activities.
- Support regulatory interactions for product advancement
- Represent clinical programs to regulators, key opinion leaders, investors, corporate partners, Board of Directors and other key stakeholders.
- Build presence in scientific/medical conferences, presentations, industry and investment groups
- Initiate cross-industry collaboration on medical topics
- Build and maintain solid working relationships with key opinion leaders
- Coordinate and supervise all advisory boards and medical affairs activities including interviews, speaking engagements, and publications and presentations.
- Liaise with business development and investor relations teams and participate and represent the company as necessary in future partnering or financing activities (presentations, due diligence etc.).
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A medical degree (MD or DO) or PhD in a field related to one of Evozyne’s core programs
- Track record of success taking drugs from POC through IND
- 15+ years of experience within the biotech/pharma space
- Extensive pre-clinical, clinical and research experience ideally in one of our core program areas with a focus on drug development (IND filing, human studies, and trials)
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and manage a team of medical professionals
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively present complex medical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Capable of providing strategic leadership, direction, and vision with the ability to provide oversight for all scientific aspects of product development, registration, and post-marketing commitments of the company’s current and future portfolio and pipeline.
Evozyne provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We kindly request that external recruiters refrain from soliciting business related to this job posting. Our company has chosen to handle the recruitment process internally and will not be seeking assistance from external agencies or recruiters at this time.