The primary focus of this position will be to support the scientific team through procurement, inventory, equipment maintenance, and facilities. This individual will work closely with vendors and internal stakeholders. This individual will report to the Senior Lab Manager.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of our materials, services, and processes.
- Perform the purchasing activity associated with equipment, consumables, and facilities.
- Maintain inventory levels through effective order management.
- Coordinate with Finance to ensure compliance with ordering and payment processes and procedures.
- Generate detailed reports related to costs and inventory for internal stakeholders such as Finance and Operations
- Manage laboratory equipment through asset management and routine maintenance.
- Be a productive collaborator in our company.
- Other duties/projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Highly organized and process-oriented
- Solid computer skills with proficiency in MS Office products
- Vendor relationship management
- Experience or interest in carrying out laboratory activities
- Experience with procurement and finance processes
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work and solve problems in interdisciplinary teams
- Self-motivated and curious with a strong desire for continuous learning
Required Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Education: Minimum B.S./B.A. degree
- Experience: The ideal candidate will have experience in procurement, laboratory activities, customer service, and continuous improvement tools (5S, PDCA, etc.)
Working Condition and Physical Requirements (if applicable):
- Must be able to lift 25lbs and must be able to transport 100lbs (e.g., compressed gas cylinders using a dolly)
- Resume or CV