Research Associates express and characterize candidate proteins as part of our design-build-test cycle. You will assist in developing new assays and performing bioinformatic analyses to develop products or build the core capabilities that power our novel solutions.
- Clone and express libraries of candidate proteins in suitable hosts.
- Measure protein properties with various biochemical assays. Assist in evaluating and improving assay design and performance.
- Develop high-throughput assays, in various formats, for measuring properties of candidate enzymes.
- Design scientific studies with clear goals and deliverables. Summarize and present scientific results internally and externally.
- Communicate results within the company and to external partners.
- Be a productive collaborator in our company, including other duties as needed.
- General molecular biology, including cloning and protein expression
- Biochemical assay development, standardization, and data analysis
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work and solve problems in interdisciplinary teams
- Self-motivated and curious with a strong desire for continuous learning
- Effective team player and strong individual contributor
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Self-motivated, passionate, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Required Education, Experience and Certifications:
- An undergraduate degree in a related field (biochemistry, biophysics, molecular biology, bioengineering, etc) with 3+ years of experience OR
- A Master’s degree in a related field (biochemistry, biophysics, molecular biology, bioengineering, etc) with 2+ years of experience
- Experience using statistical tools, such as JMP, R or python to analyze complex data sets preferred
- Experience operating liquid handling robots and other laboratory automation tools preferred
Working Condition and Physical Requirements (if applicable):
The applicant must be able to work in an ADA-compliant laboratory without assistance.