Senior Research Associate, Host Systems
The primary focus of this position will be developing methods for protein expression in yeast host system. You will serve as a scientific advisor on optimal expression hosts, plasmids, and protocols, conduct internal R&D to optimize and innovate expression methods, and manage a central collection of reference stocks.
- Maintenance and organization of host and vector stocks.
- Performing molecular biology techniques to construct protein variant libraries
- Optimizing library screening conditions to identify molecule candidates of interest
- Develop standardized and project dedicated methods and protocols.
- Collect and analyze yeast library selection and screening data
- Design, implement and evaluate new yeast library selection strategies
- Develop and optimize workflows for high-throughput cell culture, protein expression and help translate protocols into automated systems.
- Be a productive cross-functional collaborator in our company.
- Assist in analyzing prospective projects from a technological perspective and help to draft proposals for partners/clients.
- Train new users / project dedicated scientists.
- Expertise with prokaryotic and eukaryotic genetic engineering and protein expression
- Extended experience in yeast and bacterial host systems.
- Experience developing high-throughput methods for protein expression
- General biochemistry and molecular biology experience
- High-throughput protein/enzyme assay development desired
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work and solve problems in interdisciplinary teams
- Self-motivated and curious with a strong desire for continuous learning
Required Education, Experience, and Certifications
- Education: A MS or Meng degree in a related field (biochemistry, biophysics, bioengineering) or BA degree with 7+ years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience: The ideal candidate will have 5 years of experience with protein expression in diverse hosts, with a focus on yeast.
Working Condition and Physical Requirements (if applicable):
- The candidate must be able to work in an ADA-compliant laboratory without assistance, including carrying out cell culture experiments in BSL-2 environments with appropriate PPE.