Senior Director of Business Development
We are looking for a Director, Business Development to develop and implement business development and sales strategies designed to capture new opportunities and expand existing relationships with customers and partners for our sustainability products. The Director, Business Development will lead end-to-end business development activities. He/she will help refine product and go-to-market strategy; identify, cultivate, and maintain relationships with key clients; and, negotiate and close partnership and licensing deals. Specifically, he/she will:
- Manage strategic business development cycle (6-18 months) from introduction through deal signing; lead coordination among various stakeholders and resources throughout the business development process; Work with legal team to develop and execute contract documentation, translate Evozyne (and partner) requests between negotiation and documentation
- Identify and develop new relationships and expand existing relationships with potential partners and customers, with the goal of closing partnership and licensing agreements
- Create regular and effective interaction touchpoints with existing and prospective clients, including field visits, phone, email, local or client specific meetings / events, national and global meetings / events, and any other tactical sales activity directed at growth of our Therapeutics or Sustainability business
- Leverage personal network and Evozyne’s collective network to expand landscape of potential partners and open doors
- Demonstrate clear product/technology expertise to confidently serve as the field-based expert on Evozyne’s Sustainability or Therapeutics products and influence customers to the value of the company's technology solutions in solving their innovation and productivity challenges.
- Structure, negotiate, and close significant and complex deals in line with the company's business development
- Translate customer and market insights to product managers and business team leaders to refine product and R&D strategies
- Collaborate with scientific leadership team to understand technology and feasibility and convert opportunities into project proposals
- Develop proposals and assist with the execution of contracts and service agreements
- Structure deals and pricing to achieve prodigious near and long-term profitability and growth opportunity
- Establish and maintain frequent contact with clients through focused client visits and presentations to ensure high levels of client satisfaction on client issues and needs
- Contribute to developing and implementing the marketing and sales strategy (e.g., brochures, company presentations, website improvement)
- Excellent market knowledge and industry network
- Possesses a hunter’s mentality in generating leads and building a pipeline
- Independent and task oriented with strong attention to detail (and also a strong team player); has an outstanding work ethic, has excellent analytical and storytelling skills, and is willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary.
- Proactive mindset that bridges ideas to implementable solutions, and can help move both internal and external stakeholders to quickly solve problems
- Have deep relationships with external stakeholders and have shown a proven ability to navigate multi-faceted customer organizations with repeated success
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding analytical skills with a sound intuitive ability to work in a complex and dynamic business
- Strong presentation skills and demonstrated proficiency in writing and delivering presentations for global Senior Director audience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence others.
Required Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science or Business discipline; Advanced degree (MBA/MA/PhD) desired
- Minimum of 8+ years of business development and/or strategic partnerships (or equivalent) experience in therapeutics, biopharma, energy, environment, or industrial sectors
- Minimum of 4+ years of project/program management experience and ability to develop strong business case for projects that will increase Evozyne’s long-term service-model partnerships
- Prior experience in consultative selling, sourcing deals, developing long-term business relationships with senior leaders within a relevant industry vertical or across verticals
- Experience in B2B sales or business development and a strong passion to accelerate the impact of Evozyne’s technology is required.