Senior Director of Finance
The Senior Director of Finance will be a strategic finance leader and operator, overseeing day-to day operations and driving growth and development of the organization’s overall strategy and plans. The Senior Director of Finance will build a FP&A team to improve insight and decision making, and take on end to end finance and accounting responsibilities. He/she will work closely with the leadership team to design and implement plans and processes to enable exponential growth and support Evozyne’s broader business goals.
- Oversee financial strategy and operations, including planning and budgeting, cash flow management, month end closes, reporting, office administration, and technology.
- Support business planning by developing and overseeing management of financial models, diligence materials and reports on key operating metrics.
- Provide analytical and planning support to enable development and achievement of performance targets.
- Build improved financial reporting metrics, KPI’s, and processes.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems and recordkeeping practices and ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure the accurate and timely issuance of the company's financial information to partners and investors.
- Monitor and constantly review financial performance against developed plans.
- Develop and manage the capital request and budgeting process, as well as the short-term forecast process and ongoing results analysis.
- Build and improve financial models to support expansion and future funding rounds
- Ensure adequate funding to support business initiatives. Manage working capital and control the cash flow position.
- Safeguard company assets with prudent balance sheet management.
- Coordinate annual financial audits.
- Support benchmarking and opportunity assessments at the business level.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- CFA or CMA
- MBA or MA in Finance preferred
- 8-10+ years of hands-on finance experience in increasingly senior roles, ideally for a growing business or an entrepreneurial business unit of a large company
- Proven experience scaling a business and implementing high quality FP&A functions.
- Strong business fundamentals: NPV analysis, capex/opex estimations, ROI analysis, revenue forecasting
- Expertise in structuring internal controls, compliance with financial regulations & standards, upgrading systems, evaluating risk, and managing US and international tax implications.
- Ability to conceptualize and support novel commercial structures (e.g., partnerships, JVs, licensing deals)
- Experience raising capital
- Ideally, experience with venture-backed companies who have returned value for shareholders and investors through an IPO or exit event
- Track record in driving process improvements.
- Success building and managing a high-performance finance function including attraction, development, and retention of ‘A+’ players to meet the demands of a fast-growing business.
- Experience analyzing data and translating into strategic recommendations
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to deal with / structure uncertainty