A majority of countries have pledged to become carbon neutral in the next 15 to 30 years. Meeting these goals will require environment-friendly bio-based solutions.
Have a protein design problem that can clean our environment?
Clean up yesterday’s technologies
- Clean up oil spills, sludge, and waste using optimized microbial enzymes
- Convert captured CO₂ to methanol, formate, and glucose
- Recover high-value trace elements from electronics and waste water
- Transform plastic recycling through enzymatic cascades
- Clean up wastewater using cocktails of ligninolytic enzymes
Unlock clean energy sources of the future
- Engineer water-splitting reactions to drive a hydrogen-based economy
- Develop enzymatic fuel cells powered by organic waste
- Design novel enzymes for catalyzing reactions in new types of batteries
- Produce biodiesel from various feedstocks with minimal processing