More than half the physical material in this world will be bio-based in the next two decades. This transformation is primarily enabled by novel protein solutions for many industrial processes and applications.
Have a protein design problem that can make tomorrow's materials?
Elevate quality and production efficiency of bio-based and biodegradable materials
- Design enzymes capable of complex carbon chemistry for bioproduction of pervasive materials like nylon
- Enable production of high performing biopolymers capable of competing with oil-based plastics on cost, functionality, and quality
Enable transformation of low-value feedstocks to high-value materials
- Biochemically convert food waste to platform chemicals such as 3-HP, FDCA, acrylic acid
- Transform feedstocks such as waste cooking oil to biodiesel using optimized enzymes
Create better-for-environment, bio-based alternatives to pervasive products
- Produce self-reparing building materials such as biocements
- Develop novel detergents and stain removers using novel enzyme cocktails